TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Some people in the state are refusing to do their jobs and show up for work to cast votes against legislation they oppose to represent their districts. Don't they know there was an election last fall and the will of the people was to elect Pharaoh Walker and Republican majorities in the legislature? TWW thinks people should live with the results and not get all upset. We live in a democracy you know.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
It's winter in WISCONSIN
And the gentle breezes blow,
40 miles per hour at 32 below!
When the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
You may think I'm a fool.
I could never leave WISCONSIN
'cause I'm frozen to the stool!
Feb 25, 7:42 AM (ET)
By TODD RICHMOND
The truth of the matter from TWW:
- The bill does not strip all collective bargaining rights from the public unions. They can still bargain on salaries but cannot go over the cost of living unless voters approve the raises in a referendum. Based on the public outcry statewide over the bill, the voters are sure to flock to the polls to support raises for the workers beyond the cost of living so they will get their just raises making the bill moot.
- There is an election in two years and the Democrats will win enough seats in the Senate and Assembly to override Pharaoh Walker's veto of a bill to restore union rights in the state so the lost rights will come back in two years anyway again making the bill moot.
- The new majorities will raise taxes on the wealthy people who supported this union busting led by the Koch brothers making more Wisconsin rich people take up residence in Florida
- Protesters like to moan and cry and be seen on TV.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Get yours before freezing yours off at the New Moon Ski shop in Hayward before the big race.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
|Rough bowls kept in plastic until they can be wrapped in newspaper and dried slowly.|
|Bowl 'blanks' waiting to be turned round and reamed out.|
|Unfinished (rough) bowls from previous years waiting to be finished.|
|An oh S--t bowl (14" rough pine bowl that split while drying)|
In the winter in the country you try to get life enrichment any way you can.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
The latest nomination for a bad timing award goes to Pharoah Walker (formerly known as Governor Scott Walter not the TV guy) and the Wipublicans. They had everything going for their evil desires for the public unions since they had created class envy against public workers (a tactic straight from the Democrat's play book when the Dems made people jealous of successful people who supposedly did not deserve their successes). Then the fools in WI did not know the public unions would disguise themselves as street protesters from the Middle East and get public sympathy so they could steal victim status away from the taxpayers who thought they were being victimized by the public sector unions. Bad timing.
"But away from Madison, many people said that public workers needed to share in the sacrifice that their own families have been forced to make."
see the newspaper of record at: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/us/22union.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2
The people locally have spoken. (whether they were right or not is a matter of opinion but such is democracy). The referendum vote was taken after the Spooner paper ran some stories on how much teachers were paid.
"Referendum fails 1,778 to 744
$2.35 million, four-year, non-reoccurring operational referendum for Spooner Area School District fails by over 1,000 votes
BY FRANK ZUFALL
Monday, February 21, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
TWW thinks parent should not get upset if their kids are protesting and demanding more money for the teachers. But parents should find out how much this will make their taxes go up and subtract that from their kids allowances to teach responsibility.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Here are a few details:
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
This is the closest TWW could come to finding a spokesperson for the MCBs:
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
By now, I suspect everyone is familiar with snopes.comand/or truthorfiction.com for determining whether information received via email is just that: true/false or fact/fiction. Both are excellent sites.
Advice from snopes.com VERY IMPORTANT!!
1) Any time you see an email that says "forward this on to '10' (or however many) of your friends", "sign this petition", or "you'll get bad luck" or "you'll get good luck" or "you'll see something funny on your screen after you send it" or whatever --- it almost always has an email tracker program attached that tracks the cookies and emails of those folks you forward to. The host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of 'active' email addresses to use in SPAM emails or sell to other spammers. Even when you get emails that demand you send the email on if you're not ashamed of God/Jesus --- that is email tracking, and they are playing on our conscience. These people don't care how they get your email addresses - just as long as they get them. Also, emails that talk about a missing child or a child with an incurable disease "how would you feel if that was your child" --- email tracking. Ignore them and don't participate!
2) Almost all emails that ask you to add your name and forward on to others are similar to that mass letter years ago that asked people to send business cards to the little kid in Florida who wanted to break the Guinness Book of Records for the most cards. All it was, and all any of this type of email is, is a way to get names and 'cookie' tracking information for telemarketers and spammers -- to validate active email accounts for their own profitable purposes.
You can do your Friends and Family members a GREAT favor by sending this information to them. You will be providing a service to your friends. And you will be rewarded by not getting thousands of spam emails in the future!
Do yourself a favor and STOP adding your name(s) to those types of listing regardless how inviting they might sound! Or make you feel guilty if you don't! It's all about getting email addresses and nothing more.
You may think you are supporting a GREAT cause, but you are NOT!
Instead, you will be getting tons of junk mail later and very possibly a virus attached! Plus, we are helping the spammers get rich! Let's not make it easy for them!
ALSO: Email petitions are NOT acceptable to Congress or any other organization - i.e. social security, etc. To be acceptable, petitions must have a "signed signature" and full address of the person signing the petition, so this is a waste of time and you are just helping the email trackers.
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Monday, February 07, 2011
Sunday, February 06, 2011
Police sex files on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange are leaked online
Last updated at 2:05 PM on 5th February 2011
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353989/WikiLeaks-Police-sex-files-Julian-Assange-leaked-online.html#ixzz1DDR2aQUG
Saturday, February 05, 2011
Friday, February 04, 2011
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- Violence against the media in the 3rd world countr...
- Bernard Madoff comments on Social Security?
- More double-speak of civility
- Where's Mr. BANANA?
- Mrs. TWW invites some imaginary friends to a Scrab...
- Why Pharaoh Walker is not leaving even though riot...
- A glimmer of hope in gray February
- Topic #2 blah blah blah for today (topic #1 is A...
- Don't let cold weather make you feel less of a ma...
- More Madtown Almost-March Madness
- More boring bowls in progress or awaiting burial
- How's the weather up nort?
- More Democrat civility talk
- Did FDR really say this?
- Bad Timing Award Nomination
- Amazing: there actually are two sides to the story...
- You know you are getting old when
- Bad timing for TWW's writing career?
- Local demonstration against Pharoah Walker & a th...
- New hunting season needed?
- Witches cause global warming
- Latest benefactor premium
- AGW quote for the day
- Valentine's Day Presents
- Relatives up to celebrate Val's Day
- Anthropogenic Global Warming
- Anthropogenic Garbin Warming
- Mentally-challenged Blondes (MCBs) and black women...
- Remember spy vs. spy in MAD Magazine?
- Sunny and cold
- Gray Monday replaces green and gold Sunday
- Even if the Packers lose there is still justice in...
- Life enrichment opportunties for liberal arts grad...
- Using the sports setting on digital camera allows ...
- Another winter day
- TWW's Bose radio held hostage by weather now relea...
- A new low for this blog
- Democrats demand climate change bill because of to...
- Let's hope GM is nort of all the bad weather
- ▼ February (39)
- ► 2010 (446)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)