TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
- Darwin is wrong: see www.atlanticblog.com/archives/002803.html
- From Wikipedia: " Several examples of new concepts gaining acceptance when supported by accumulating evidence are present in the relatively recent history of science. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_consensus).......
- the theory of continental drift proposed by Alfred Wegener and supported by Alexander Du Toit and Arthur Holmes but soundly rejected by most geologists until indisputable evidence and an acceptable mechanism was presented after 50 years of rejection.
- the theory of symbiogenesis presented by Lynn Margulis and initially rejected by biologists but now generally accepted.
- the theory of punctuated equilibria proposed by Stephen Jay Gould and Niles Eldredge which is still debated but becoming more accepted in evolutionary theory.
- the theory of prions -proteinaceous infectious particles causing transmissible spongiform encephalopathy diseases- proposed by Stanley B. Prusiner and at first rejected because pathogenicity was believed to depend on nucleic acids now widely accepted due to accumulating evidence.
- the theory of Helicobacter pylori as the cause of stomach ulcers. This theory was first postulated in 1982 by Barry Marshall and Robin Warren however it was widely rejected by the medical community believing that no bacterium could survive for long in the acidic environment of the stomach. Marshall demonstrated his findings by drinking a brew of the bacteria and consequently developing ulcers. In 2005, Warren and Marshall were awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine for their work on H. pylori"
Saturday, April 25, 2009
"mmm, mmmmmmm, good"
note: these pictures appear on: http://www.drroyspencer.com/
See this link for a paper about polar bear populations:http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/reprint/taylor_polar_bears.pdf
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Remember back when Bush's Attorney General John Aschcroft was upset about the nude statue at his department? Conservative prudes get upset about the silliest things. Now it is time to see the liberal prudes showing their moral outrage. When Wisconsin recently became an official open carry state for handguns, the sight or even the thought of the sighting of a handgun must have some liberal prudes screaming bloody murder. Ashcroft covered the statue at his department so the solution in Wisconsin is for the liberal prudes to ally themselves with the conservative prudes and support WI becoming a concealed carry state so offensive handguns are covered up too. If public health were truly an issue why are there at least 37 states in the country with right to carry laws but we seldom hear about scandals caused by permit holders? It is usually the people with concealed weapons but no permit we need to worry about. Out of sight and out of mind works for most people but the late management professor Peter Drucker once said something like "prudes need to be shocked twice a day".
Monday, April 20, 2009
- Energy Secretary Steven Chu said Saturday... "global temperatures have already risen by 0.8 degree Centigrade, that another 1 degree increase was certain to occur and "there's a reasonable probability we can go above 4 degrees Centigrade to 5 and 6 more." - source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/19/energy-secretary-offers-dire-global-warming-prediction/
- Dr. Roy Spencer says "There is no way to know if warming is ‘happening now’. Because natural climate fluctuations on a year-to-year basis are so large, we will only recognize warming (or cooling) several years down the road when it appears in the rearview mirror. The most important statistic to me is that global average temperatures stopped rising in 2001" - source: http://www.drroyspencer.com (Dr. Spencer is a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville where he is part of a team working with the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. In other words he studies the temperature of the planet.)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Shirley's visitors brought rain and snow with them so the locals are thankful and hope they come back again this summer to prevent the drought from returning.This picture was taken using the sports function on the camera so you could see all the action as the snow falls.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
In words that begin with consonant sounds, the initial consonant or consonant cluster is moved to the end of the word, and "sir" is added, as in the following examples:
- beast → east-b-sir
- dough → ough-d-sir
- happy → appy-h-sir
- question → estion-qu-sir
- star → ar-st-sir
- three → ee-thr-sir
The value of Sir Latin is parents can use it to answer their kids when they don't want them to understand what is going on so will stop asking.
For example a young adult may say: "Can I have some money to get a new truck?"
The parent wants to say: "Why do you need a new truck. Do you not know about global warming?". A smart parent would say: "Hy-w-sir o-d-sir ou-y-sir eed-n-sir a-sir ew-n-sir uck-tr-sir. O-d-sir ou-y-sir ot-n-sir ow-kn-sir bout-a-sir obal-gl-sir arming-w-sir" in Sir Latin. The end result would be the young adult would say "you are impossible" and stop bugging the parents.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Let's see now:
- Animal rights extremists burn down laboratories
- The Unibomber had Al Gore's book in his mountain hideout
- Add your own examples here
Also, did you know BO is reading your mail just like George Bush did? see:
The only silver lining in this cloud is they probably changed George Bush's password so he can't do it any more.
Disclaimer: You are not being forced to visit this blog. When you visit this site they know you are browsing the blog of a right-wing hatemonger who has arms (a left and right one).
As a 'thank you' for the people who are taking Mrs. TWW off the property for life enrichment experiences, TWW is having a special sale (100% off regular prices) Saturday morning. Here is a sneak preview.
There are two plumber's bowls in the sale. (Plumber's bowls are guaranteed to have a visible crack in case you are not a regular follower of this blog).
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Loyal readers (all 3.5 of them) will remember how TWW introduced readers to thinking about the Conway Twitty song It's Only Make Believe when they read the reports from their 401K plans. As you can see above TWW's idea has been pilfered without giving TWW credit or blame. Life is not fair.
If you have a handy 401K report handy see this link: http://warpedwoodturner.blogspot.com/2008/10/financial-statements.html
Monday, April 13, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
At long last country people don't have to feel like hicks when they go to town. The Stormy Kromer folks have come up with fashionable hats for hicks. To get yours see: http://www.stormykromer.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=3
Monday, April 06, 2009
"Obviously, the feedbacks operating in the real climate system is the most important question in global warming research. But, unfortunately, there is relatively little research going on in this area. Everyone is too busy playing with computerized climate models." - Roy Spencer in his blog: http://www.drroyspencer.com/
photo e-borrowed from: http://www.drroyspencer.com/library/pics/book-climate-confusion.jpg
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Due to some cooling of the planet in addition to a sit-down strike of contest participants we have decided to reopen the Ice-Off contest again. Besides that we learned there is again ice on the lake. We think it came back during the night of April 1st.
We also are down to two finalists for the new contest judge. To keep the Garbin Moraine Office of Diversity and Fairness happy, we think the applicant on the left will be the new judge. Stay tuned. The ice will be gone soon as the planet warms and we think it will be hotter this summer than all year. The first job of the new judge will be to disqualify Mrs. TWW for unsportsman-like conduct.
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Friday, April 03, 2009
Quote from OPEC spokesman in Reuters: "Oil is not responsible," the producer group's Secretary General, Abdullah al-Badri, told reporters on Thursday on the sidelines of the International Oil Summit in Paris. "It is the industrialized countries which are making all this pollution in the world." In other words oil (guns) doesn't cause global warming (kill people) people do, so we should not make oil illegal. If we make oil illegal only polluters will have oil (the rich liberals in their limousines).
source of quote: http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSTRE5313OX20090402?feedType=RSS&feedName=environmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (446)
- Power of Attorney sample for your use
- Visitors for life enrichment
- Another plumber's bowl
- For life enrichment count the firewood and smell t...
- Scientific consensus = TRUTH ? - - - examples
- For life enlichment stimulate the Chinese economy
- Polar Bear Trying to Catch Global Warming Scientis...
- Joke of the day
- A few notes from the north woods
- TWW Commentary
- The end is near?
- Visitors bring snow
- Mrs. TWW goes Telemarking
- New language: Sir Latin
- The new enemy of the state??
- Garage Sale on Saturday
- Pilfering TWW's ideas??
- Wednesday is Tea Time
- Turkey romance
- Contest winners announced
- A legal Easter greeting?
- Ice Off Contest Update for Friday
- Life enrichment not
- Counter Progress for the BANANAs
- New Ice-off Judge Named
- For life enrichment try Mrs. TWW's cookies
- Fashion statement for country bumpkins
- Global warming quote of the day
- Ice-off contest reopened
- No entry today
- Another testament to the success of the NRA's tact...
- Gray April - Day 2
- Ice off the lake
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)