TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Advice for parents of the day
"An elderly man in Oklahoma calls his son in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce...; 48 years of marriage... and that much misery is enough!"
"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son yells. "We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old dad explained. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!"
Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this." She calls her elderly father immediately, and screams at him, "You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, you hear me?" she yelled as she hung up the phone.
The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay", he says, "it's all set. They're both coming for Christmas and paying their own air-fare."
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- The year of global cooling hopefully is over; happ...
- If you are lost roll down the windows and you will...
- Ringless in Rochester
- Once again BO divides the people?
- Holidays remind one of family so a few pics
- Snowshoe Trail Fees Waived Due to Conditions
- Solar garage heater helps prevent climate change
- Bat out; tree in
- new item - not one of the censored ones
- Advice for parents of the day
- More snow and 20 derees
- Out of town Sunday and Monday
- Quote of the day
- Astronaut in a tree on Garbin Moraine
- Favorite disclaimer of the day
- Reverse knockout game?
- More proof of climate change (the next ice age tha...
- More proof of climate change
- It doesn't exist but there is money to be made fro...
- 2nd storm of the century for the season buries Gar...
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (446)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)