The Warped Woodturner (TWW) is a local artist traveling his artist's journey in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop. 536). TWW's creative calling is to use a wood lathe to make useless objects from locally-sequestered organic carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but do not like that much. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well. His marketing jingle is: “Bowls as simple as their creator”.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

save the world Saturday


The people at 350.org (source of the symbol above which is an impolite hot link) say Saturday October 24th is the big day to do something 350 times. If we can find 11 of you out there willing to drink 3 bottle of beer (36 ounces) and one person to drink 2 bottles and then only drink ten ounces from a 3rd bottle we will have our 350 ounces to help save the planet. Sign up below with a comment to help the cause. For more information on this world saving event see: http://www.350.org/ for more details. Please note: eating peanuts at this event will cause the release of greenhouse gases and is discouraged.

5 comments:

K Y Jellie said...

Heck with only 3 bottles. I'll do 6

MM said...

I can up that. I'll do 6 plus the ten ounces.

TWW said...

I am on a diet so I can only do one bottle and besides that I don't drink cheap TV beer so cannot afford more than one.

Mrs. TWW said...

'sorry I cannot help but I only drink wine

Beer Store Bear said...

Sign me up for 6 bottles too

Past posts you fortunately may have missed

Garbin Monraine Foundation Pledge Week Donor Levels

Donation Levels

It's All About Me

My photo
Reading this area shows you have voyeuristic tendencies.

Weather at the cabin

Please become a follower if you cannot donate