TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Latest embryonic letter to editor
Global warming has opened up miles of beaches for the public to enjoy in Wisconsin but they are off limits. The lackeys of the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce on the Supreme Court have ruled ordinary people only have rights to the water in the lakes but not the beaches even though the beaches were under public waters in past years. Just as the rich owners of local lake palaces unfairly made their money off the backs of ordinary people they also unfairly get exclusive use of the land between their lake palaces and the water. Ordinary people have to keep their feet wet.
President Obama has helped us keep gas in our tanks and pay our mortgages. We also need his help in reclaiming our right to walk and picnic the lakeshores of Wisconsin. The solution for those of us who cannot afford lake palaces is to organize squatting parties. Simply load your boat with brats and beer and motor over to the beach at one of the local lake palaces and have a squatting party. You can even leave your trash on the beach since the rich people can easily afford to have it carted away. With enough civil disobedience maybe we can get the White House to notice and help us reclaim what is rightfully ours. "
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (446)
- Infrastructure crumbling - blame Bush
- Latest contribution from the neighbors
- Latest embryonic letter to editor
- Addition to the F-W It List
- Two more versions of the same bowl design
- Rhymes with Bucket List
- Eco roof job begun
- Weather at the cabin
- Wrong kind of plumbing snake creates a mess
- TWW now thinks he is a trapper
- joke of the day
- Gray and cold for this time of year in the Era of...
- Fence contest - TWW's family loses
- Another crackpot letter to the editor in the makin...
- Cheaper than college
- Another half-baked, crackpot TWW Commentary on Gov...
- Trails in the woods
- If it has no function then it is art
- Miss Firefly moves to BANANAland today
- Visit by Miss Firefly 1968
- more global warming news
- ▼ July (21)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)