TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Friday, December 25, 2015
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Clinton announces plan to battle Alzheimer's... "quote ends
link to read the story above: http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-announces-plan-battle-alzheimers-141618845--business.html
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Monday, December 14, 2015
Friday, December 11, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015
There TWW has done his part. The guy is now on the Internet again so the young people who do not quite fit in to society have another picture of the current folk heroes thanks to the TV networks showing their pictures so many times. The future terrorists or mass shooters must be dreaming about how famous they can become.
As an aside perhaps the real question for the day should be if the men get all the virgins when they go to heaven as martyrs what do the female terrorists get? Is the answer sensitive, caring men?
Tuesday, December 08, 2015
The article talked about below was written by a journalist working for a public interest journalistic group of people (that means they are left leaning??) Bad things are happening out there and worse yet is the problem of trying to prevent more of them from happening. Perhaps the best people can come up with is solutions that may not make sense.
OVER the past two decades, the majority of Americans in a country deeply divided over gun control have coalesced behind a single proposition: The sale of assault weapons should be banned. ..."That idea was one of the pillars of the Obama administration’s plan to curb gun violence, and it remains popular with the public. In a poll last December, 59 percent of likely voters said they favor a ban...But in the 10 years since the previous ban lapsed, even gun control advocates acknowledge a larger truth: The law that barred the sale of assault weapons from 1994 to 2004 made little difference."...."Annually, 5,000 to 6,000 black men are murdered with guns. Black men amount to only 6 percent of the population. Yet of the 30 Americans on average shot to death each day, half are black males."
read the article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/sunday-review/the-assault-weapon-myth.html?_r=0
- Is reality as seen through the lens of the media reality?
- Airplane crashes scare people because of the large number of deaths but car crashes are run of the mill unless you know someone involved.
- 'Mass shootings' scare people but murders especially in the ghetto are also run of the mill unless you know the victims
- When a relatively small number of white people die it is a much bigger deal than when a much bigger number of black people die (do the Black Lives Matter people ever talk about this?)
- Laws need definitions. When the government defines something and makes it illegal people work to get around the law legally. During the pretend ban on assault weapons (nobody confiscated the existing guns) during the Clinton years the gun makers got around the law and introduced more weapons.
- Gun free zones only allow criminals the ability to protect themselves in the zones
Monday, December 07, 2015
Here is the solution:
Friday, December 04, 2015
"If there's a rabid dog running around in your neighborhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog," Carson said during a campaign stop in Alabama. "And you're probably going to put your children out of the way. "
"but" ( a word TWW added) "That doesn't mean that you hate all dogs."
TWW's comment: So why weren't the enlightened liberals who know about nuances and all that stuff smart enough to understand a good analogy rather than being horrified?
Thursday, December 03, 2015
Are these more politically correct chickens coming home to roost too?
"A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.
“We sat around lunch thinking, ‘What were they doing around the neighborhood?'” he said. “We’d see them leave where they’re raiding the apartment.”.
The second story was about the Paris to save the world from Climate Change. You all have heard about the climate deniers who say climate change is not proven and we should wait and see before taking any action that may hurt certain groups like the people who use electricity (that is us).
The first story revealed another type of denial. The reality was right in front of TWW's eyes but he was too blind to see it until today. The first news story was about the man and woman who shot up the party in San Bernadino. The story cautioned that just because the people who were the killers were of Pakistan and Saudia Arabia descent does not mean they were terrorists and we should wait until all the facts are in and nothing has been proved yet. This sounds just like what the climate deniers say. People can bend over backwards to keep from having to admit something is reality. From this it is obvious we are dealing with denial on the liberal side. Let's start calling these people the Jihadism Deniers. Or should we wait for more evidence that this is really what is going on?
A primer from Wikipedia
"Jihadism (jihadist movement, jihadi movement and variants) is used to refer to contemporary armed jihad in Islamic fundamentalism. The term "jihadism" was coined in the 2000s and mostly used to cover Islamic insurgency and Islamic terrorism since that time, but it has also been extended to cover both Mujahideen guerilla warfare and Islamic terrorism with an international scope since it arose in the 1980s, since the 1990s substantially represented by the al-Qaeda network."
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- more snow coming on Monday too
- Mrs. TWW's favorite Christmas gift
- A liberal Happy Holidays to you all
- El Nino is creating a PC Holiday Season in the Eas...
- best propaganda of the day goes to.....the Drudge ...
- Tis the season for passing gas
- Buy this gift for Christmas if you want to end the...
- Bring back the Carter years
- Sexist senator badgers lone woman scientist but sh...
- Is TWW trying to create more terrorists?
- excellent anlysis of why Trump gets all the free a...
- some CS (common sense) amidst all the BS?
- here we go again
- Best propaganda of the day from Facebook
- what he should have said -- words matter
- President Obama's minister was right ?
- Double Denier Day (DDD)
- today is giving day
- ▼ December (18)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (446)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)