TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
"In Florida this afternoon, Vice President Joe Biden reminded supporters that thanks to President Obama, they could now get colonoscopies without a co-pay". Will they just stop with colonoscopies or do the same to those of us who pay taxes?
When TWW was up in Duluth he parked in a city lot with some sort of machine to collect the money. The problem was he forgot to pay. He did not find a ticket on his car when he got back to it after realizing he had not paid. He decided to be honest so walked over to the machine and tried to stick in his dollars. The machine refused to take his money.
After returning home he got a delivery from Amazon Dot Com. The order contained some game he had not ordered and it was not on the invoice so in effect it was free. After finally getting to the wrong place on the Amazon web site TWW was able to send an e-mail to Amazon asking how to return the product he did not order and they did not know he had. The good people at Amazon replied with something about 'understanding your concern' and telling TWW how to print a return label. All TWW had to do was drive 20 miles to find a UPS box. (not even a 'thanks' for sending the not ordered stuff back so they didn't lose money on it). The result of this experience was enlightenment. When the save the world crowd talks about renewing, reusing or recycling TWW now understands why 'return' is not part of the slogan.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Friday, September 28, 2012
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
- Community health education coordinators, see: Health Educators
- Community health educators, see: Health Educators
- Community mental health social workers, see: Social Workers
- Community outreach workers, see: Social and Human Service Assistants
- Community planners, see: Urban and Regional Planners
- Community service directors, see: Social and Community Service Managers
- Community service managers, see: Social and Community Service Managers
- Community service organization directors, see: Social and Community Service Managers
- Community support workers, see: Social and Human Service Assistants"
We cannot put the video here so you must use the link. If you disagree with these people be sure to use the Donate button on this blog to vote your values.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
"NFL losing credibility with each blown call by replacement refs"
Monday, September 24, 2012
CBS Doesn't Air Obama Admitting Mistakes in Campaign Ads
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Full disclosure: TWW bought American.
Friday, September 21, 2012
- http://duluthshippingnews.com/ship0126/ (Walter Mc Carthy Jr).
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Just wait until they aim at the US. Then we can really thank the people who ran up the national debt in the last few years -- no wait we can just tax the rich people more and all will be well.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
The quote above was about Romney's internal campaign problems. Now if you think about the Democrat convention who was the most memorable speaker(s):
Clinton for sure and maybe Michelle. Does giving a memorable convention speech really matter unless you are trying to get your wife elected in 2016?
The real memorable speeches will come when Israel hits Iran and Iran sinks a supertanker in the Golf of Hormuz and oil prices go up to the clouds. Then will it all be about the economy or foreign policy?
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
"The study also found that one in four households, or 28.3 percent, either had one or no bank account. A third of these households said they do not have enough money to open and fund an account. Minorities, the unemployed, young people and lower-income households are least likely to have accounts."
Everybody has a right to a bank account and those with bank accounts already should not mind paying a little more on their interest rates and bank fees to help those less fortunate.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- enough hamburger to kill the taste of the zuchini
- zuchini (peeled and sliced)
- some onion
- Herbs De Province (or however they spell it)
- garlic cloves squished up
- diced tomatoes (festival style with a bunch of Mexican stuff in it)
- diced peppers
- fry hamburger
- dump other stuff in
- season to Aunt Jean's taste
- slowly boil until done
- put grated cheese on top and melt
- serve with brown rice
TWW's Hobo Dinners for the 1%
- cut up red potatoes
- olive oil
- chopped steak (not hamburger since this is for the 1% trying to know what the middle class eats like and the 1% cannot eat hamburger)
- cut square of aluminum foil (not the cheap kind)
- put carrots and potatoes on bottom on foil
- put expensive cut up steak on top
- put olive on the mix
- roll up sides of foil
- cover with expensive red wine
- put on the coals of a fire made from pricey firewood
- cook until done
- unwrap foil and consume
"Paul Ryan on Chicago Teachers’ Strike: ‘We Stand with Mayor Rahm Emanuel"
Friday, September 07, 2012
Clint got it wrong. It was the reporters who looked the other way about how an affirmative action pick would have some weaknesses when put into a job he was not qualified for because of belonging to a protected class. Try comparing the treatment BO got to Clarence Thomas and Sarah Palin who were chosen because of being in a protected class for hiring. The media vetted them well.
That was from the speech last night. Since when weren't the evil corporations the source of most of our ills?? Well since he did not mention the 1% maybe we can still blame then. If you want more information on the 1% see the post below about guillotines being the solution like the enlightened Europeans used.
Thursday, September 06, 2012
So, if someone asks you what the main difference is between most
of the Obama supporters, and Romney supporters, instead of
stammering, and stuttering, and looking for an answer, just tell them
that the Romney supporters sign their checks on the front, and the
Obama supporters sign their checks on the back. "
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- Watch your back side?
- Is honesty still the best policy?
- Why we need/don't need voter ID laws and the elect...
- Will the Republicans call on BO to condemn his boy...
- The noses have it -- crackpot letter to the editor...
- Now it's Obamaphones
- Pollvine scatology?
- Why didn't the major media tell us this in 2008??
- Bovine scatology or an inconvenient truth?
- Affirmative action strikes again
- Once again did they ask what people thought of pol...
- More affirmative action reporting?
- TWW could have saved a bunch of money by just watc...
- Obama's dream
- No ships on the ship webcam but a wedding instead
- A bane for people with liberal values?
- Friday Day 3 in Duluth
- Thursday - Duluth Day 2
- Wednesday night - Canal Park Overlooking Superior ...
- Another day another poll
- Watch for TWW and Mrs. TWW on Thursday: see: http...
- The bond bomb
- "I believe in redistribution"
- More beware of what you first believe
- More bovine scatology from the media?
- Mr. BANANA annual mowing
- Quote of the day
- More of the great orator
- Agenda for a second term
- Salesman of the day
- General Store in Springbrook now open
- Quote of the day - cavorting with the enemy?
- Obama ad in the sky
- Clint got it wrong
- It rained last night: question of the day
- I'm a slut and I vote
- Racist, sexist, multi-phobe quote of the day?
- MAMA's empty chair
- TWW Supports Empty Chair Day
- Garbin Moraine celebrates Empty Stool Day
- Preparing for Labor/Birth Day Dinner on GM
- Picture of the day
- New Life Form Discovered near Douglas
- Practice exercise in case of alien invasion
- ▼ September (46)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (446)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)