MAMA (formerly known as Duped in Douglas) has kindly given us her recipe for baked cellafon.
- Since cellafons are bottom feeders you need wash them thoroughy. If you cannot spare the time you can use your washing machine on gentle cycle.
- Next dry the cellafon with a paper towel
- Fill a baking container with sliced almonds and put cellafon on top
- Next season with lemon pepper of chile powder
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake on the lower rack for 30 minutes
- Check to see if the skin is soft yet and if not return to the oven.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving
- One cellafon serves two people