TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Another crackpot letter to the editor in the making
The slogan "no taxation without representation" needs revamping for the 21st century. We live in a state with an extremist governor unwilling to raise taxes so public employees can receive their just compensation. Fair disclosure makes me say before retiring and moving here I used to work in the public sector in Minnesota. But first, back in Minnesota we lived on homesteaded property since in Minnestoa there is a law giving your primary residence a tax break. And second when I came up to hunt or fish it meant a nonresident license.
While we cannot to cut property taxes there is a way to solve part of the current mess in Madison by combining the two concepts above. We need a Property Owner's License (POL) where people need a license to own property and nonresidents pay nonresident fees and homesteaded propety owners pay $0.00 (at least initially). The POL fee would just need to be another line on a person's property. It is a license fee not a tax.
Just like in Minnesota the nonresident concept needs to expand to include the rich Wisconsin people who own lake castles up north in addition to homesteaded primary residences in the city.
This idea also cures the 'tax bird' problem where rich people pretend to live in other states with no income tax but spend as much of the year up here as possible and only leave in the winter when nobody wants to be here anyway.
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- Happy April Fool's Day
- Do as I say not as I do
- Latest life enrichment experieince
- More life enrichment for Mrs. TWW
- The end is near?
- Iowa jokes coming back in style
- This sucks day 6 - scientific fraud?
- This sucks - day 5 - wood lathe down
- This sucks day 5
- Keeping the customers happy
- This sucks - day 3
- This sucks - day 2 - part 2
- This sucks - day 2 - part 1
- This sucks - day 1 - part 2
- This sucks - day 1 - part 1
- Another crackpot letter to the editor in the makin...
- Snow in full retreat
- Did the victim die??
- A song for gray March
- Climate news
- Now they are blaming Hillary for the inaction
- Mr. BANANA's tree almost bowled
- Affirmative action strikes again
- They are coming after your pocketbook?
- Life enrichment distraction
- More civil discourse
- Just think if the Tea Baggers had done this sort o...
- Wisconsin Nice
- Gray March Day 14
- more interesting labor news
- Which half is bigger?
- Is there a basketball tournament some place?
- TWW speaking as a former public employee
- Modern art
- The shoe is on the other foot now
- The latest storm passes through
- Life enrichment is a new what-do-you-call-it?
- New direction for this blog
- Peaceful protests can be expensive
- No life enrichment at the beginning of 64th year e...
- What are they thinking?
- Mrs. TWW is paying so TWW is going to pig out
- Gray March begins on an optimistic note
- ▼ March (43)
- ► 2010 (446)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)