TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
A portion of the racist text in the e-mail:
"I'm a legal American citizen and I must show my ID when:
1. Pulled over by the police.
2. Making purchases on my department store credit card.
3. When I show up for a doctor's appointment.
4. When filling out a credit card or loan application.
5. When applying for or renewing a driver's license or passport.
6. When applying for any kind of insurance.
7. When filling out college applications.
8. When donating blood.
9. When obtaining certain prescription drugs.
10. When making some debit purchases, especially if I'm out of state.
11. When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel."
We report; you decide
Monday, July 26, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
After the USDA worker messed-up (or so everyone thought) the current post-political administration took action: "Sherrod was asked to resign after conservative bloggers posted a video of her saying she didn't initially give a white farmer as much help as she could have 24 years ago, when she was working for a farmers' aid group. " That quote was taken out of context from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100721/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_usda_racism_resignation
"If you suspect someone of ASS, look for the repeated use of the following phrases:
- Medieval Warm Period
- Hockey Stick
- Michael Mann
- The climate is always changing
- Temperature rises precede rises in carbon dioxide
- Pacific Decadal Oscillation
- Water vapor
- Cosmic rays
- Danish physicist Henrik Svensmark
- Ice Age was predicted in the 1970s
- Global cooling"
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Even if you bring it to King Tut's we won't serve it. That is because company got suckered into giving a bunch of money to the Humane Society of the US. This is the organization that pretends to be saving poor little abused pets but instead is right up there with PETA in trying to eliminate hunting.
For details see http://www.humanesociety.org/about/corporate_sponsors/yellow_tail_.html
As one blog said:
Monday, July 19, 2010
Just step in the proper place and the GM staff will save your carbon footprint for future generations. (TWW wants to thank a loyal reader for the germs of this idea)
Sunday, July 18, 2010
see/hear Brzezinski say this at:
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Note: the chairs and bench were not taken out of the fire pit from the last time TWW mowed the weeds. Bowls make better fires.
Friday, July 16, 2010
"Obesity Rating for Every American Must Be Included in Stimulus-Mandated Electronic Health Records, Says HHS
Thursday, July 15, 2010
By Matt Cover, Staff Writer
New federal regulations issued this week stipulate that the electronic health records--that all Americans are supposed to have by 2014 under the terms of the stimulus law that President Barack Obama signed last year--must record not only the traditional measures of height and weight, but also the Body Mass Index: a measure of obesity."
To learn your BMI now instead of waiting for the government to do it for you see this link:
Full disclosure notice: TWW is average overweight (about half of the way between high normal weight and lower obese weight)
|EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO)|
CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP
|8 July 2010|
"ENSO Alert System Status: La Niña Watch
Synopsis: La Niña conditions are likely to develop during July - August 2010.
During June 2010, sea surface temperature (SST) anomalies continued to decrease across the equatorial Pacific Ocean, with negative anomalies expanding across the central and eastern Pacific (Fig. 1). While the rate of decrease slowed during June, all of the Niño indices were cooler compared to the previous month (Fig. 2). ............ Collectively, these oceanic and atmospheric anomalies reflect developing La Niña conditions. .
The majority of models now predict La Niña conditions (SST anomalies less than or equal to -0.5oC in the Niño-3.4 region) to develop during June-August and to continue through early 2011 (Fig. 6). ..........."
note to readers: there are a bunch of these ocean cycles that could influence the weather on land but they cannot possibly influence climate since that can only happen from human activities
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Sunday, July 11, 2010
This is the first successful pea harvest in two years. Last year something ate the peas off right at the ground and they died. This year the peas got to have babies. And then there is the writing career. TWW just calculated that his writing career has spanned 23 years and on the average he has made $7.71 per year writing. The new computer just cost about $800. Is this a 'go figure' moment?
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
The day is starting off with hope. The sky looks good and the weather forecast from the government looks good at first.
The government weather forecast says:
"Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. "
But if you look at the hazardous weather statement you find:
" THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHEAST MINNESOTA AND NORTHWEST WISCONSIN.
.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS TODAY AND TONIGHT ACROSS THE NORTHLAND. SOME OF THE STORMS MAY BE STRONG TO SEVERE...WITH ISOLATED LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS POSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY ACROSS NORTHWEST WISCONSIN...SOUTH OF A HURLEY TO HAYWARD TO SIREN LINE."
So what does one believe ??
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Monday, July 05, 2010
Time to make a decision. The new weather forecast says instead of clear skies now it may be cloudy and rain.
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (389)
- Quote for the day about tolerence?
- Beer Slippers
- Latest life enrichment/home improvement work
- Another e-mail floating around the Internet
- More climate change weather coming
- do you have pole envy?
- 2010 thinning cut of Shirleywood Forest
- Stimulus money at work in the garden
- Now you are going to freeze
- Who are the mean-spirited people?
- Do you suffer from ASS (Anti-Science Syndrome)?
- Another Survival Goods Tip
- No More Yellow Tail Wine Served at GM
- cinco minutos en el sol
- The loggers are getting ready to work on land next...
- The troposphere trying to moon someone?
- Red squirrel getting ready for winter
- Carbon footprinting service now available on Garbi...
- mischievous little gopher trashes the trash
- "sense of pervasive malaise" - part 2
- White bowl
- We now have the answer (no picture available)
- Future Freeloaders of America (FFA) - some local D...
- POTUS instead of BO
- Why worry about the muslims when we have the Washi...
- Your stimulus dollars at work
- Storm damage in Hayward
- Get out the blankets and be ever vigilant -- the ...
- Experience counts: Garbin Moraine Foundation Endor...
- More proof of you know what
- Day lily internment camp
- Good news for the paranoid right-wingers
- Another quote for the day
- Garbin Moraine unscathed
- Good thing he has some pensions
- More rain on the way in drought country
- Day is too nice to be inside on a computer
- Garbin Moraine going WiFi
- A solar cooking day?
- Quote of the day - does Al Franken really mean it?...
- The TWWs (unbeknownst to Mrs. TWW) are shopping ea...
- Solar Chile Postponed Again
- Solar Chile Cancelled Due to Lack of Sunshine
- Another crackpot letter to the editor
- The deer are not happy
- Find your income - see your tax hike
- Need to leave for town so taking the easy out
- ▼ July (47)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- ► 2006 (175)