TWW is The Warped Woodturner who is a local artist living in a suburb of Springbrook, WI (pop 87). His mission is to use a wood lathe to make interesting but mostly useless objects from locally-sequestered carbon for tourists to bring back to the city to give to people they had to buy something for but don't like that well. His target market is the senior citizens since their vision is not as good as it used to be so cannot see the defects as well.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
The entry for January 20th of last year showed enough wood for a week. This year the wood is all gone from the east side of the garage on December 26th. We also will have to order LP gas about a month earlier than last year. This is more proof of global warming. It is taking more energy to heat our house as the temperatures rise.
Friday, December 22, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
This is a 12" short bowl made by reusing a cutting board. As per usual we have done our best to create the best imperfect product we can. Making bowls for seniors is the market niche we are going to pursue since their vision is not what it used to be so they cannot see the blemishes as well as youngsters can.
A boring activity is piling up brush to burn before the snow melts away in spring. When we burn it next spring it will be a life enrichment activity without anybody dying like they do when people try to enrich their lives by watching network TV at night with the pictures of fires in the aftermath of people dying. The only animals in danger here will be the mice that take up residence in the pile.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
In the book A Pattern Language Alexander etc. talk about how large pains of glass alienate people from the view. Therefore we put a grid on the windows by the bar to get a better view of what people do in our hot tub. See this link for more info on A Pattern Language which we highly recommend for enriching your life by enriching your environment: http://downlode.org/etext/patterns/ptn239.html. For further life enrichment we took a square and found how many panes are really square. You may notice the ceiling has lights hanging down. Putting lights into the basement will enrich our lives this winter.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Friday, November 10, 2006
We need you help in identifying who or what this is. Please put your answer in as a comment. We found this item on our land.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
We have discovered another way to enrich one's life. If you have Windows you can go to the desk top and pull up properties. Then you open up the screen saver tab and select My Picture Slide Show. This feature will go through pictures stored on the computer and show them in a slide show. For even more fun while at a friend's house sneak into their computer and set up this slide show. Your friend may get a surprise since whatever is on their computer will be shown to everyone who looks at the computer screen.
Past posts you fortunately may have missed
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (185)
- ► 2014 (143)
- ► 2013 (224)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (446)
- ► 2009 (354)
- ► 2008 (274)
- ► 2007 (193)
- A new year - a new format
- New Year's resolution
- Just in time for the new year a raging blizzard du...
- The entry for January 20th of last year showed e...
- Thanks to RA/SA of ROC for the nice wine holder f...
- Lone reindeer looking for snow.
- "I'd like to thank Dave and Di for taking me on a ...
- No it is not a flying saucer. It is a heat vent in...
- Change your blog to enrich the lives of your viewe...
- We don't want a brown Christmas but are afraid of ...
- Woodturners accumulate wood shavings and sawdust. ...
- Christmas lights and global warming don't mix. Thi...
- When other people rob you of life satisfaction by ...
- Ebonized 5" oak test bowl (made by dipping an oak ...
- More proof of climate change. It was 50 degrees F ...
- This is a 12" short bowl made by reusing a cutting...
- A boring activity is piling up brush to burn befor...
- Another freeloader on our hands
- A little orange dog left this track
- A mystery animal stalks our land.
- Happy Thanksgiving from the land of whizzing bulle...
- Sometimes you are doing life enrichment activities...
- In the book A Pattern Language Alexander etc. ta...
- We are not alone
- On a recent trip to the city Professor R. Squared...
- Two deer in need of conflict resolution training. ...
- Picture identification experiment
- We have discovered another way to enrich one's li...
- Our consultant suggested we call Digger's Hotline...
- ▼ December (17)